We, Manchester Central Convention Complex Limited, operate the following websites:
We operate an exhibition and conference centre at Manchester Central Convention Complex at which exhibitions, conferences, events and meetings are held (“Manchester Central”).
- users of our site
- parties interested in hearing about events held at Manchester Central (including local businesses, residents and taxi drivers)
- organisers of events, and exhibitors at events, held at Manchester Central (our “Customers”)
- suppliers of goods and services to us or for or in connection with events held at Manchester Central (“Suppliers”)
- employees, agents, contractors and other representatives of either Customers or Suppliers (“Representatives”)
- delegates at events held at or visitors to Manchester Central
We are a “data controller” for the purposes of data protection legislation. This means that we are responsible for deciding how we hold and use personal information about you.
Our site is not intended for children and we do not knowingly collect data relating to children.
2. Who we are and how to contact us
Our site is operated by Manchester Central Convention Complex Limited. We are a limited company registered in England and Wales under company number 953285 and have our registered address at Windmill Street, Petersfield, Manchester, Greater Manchester, M2 3GX.
3. Our privacy promise
We are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. In particular, we promise:
- To keep your personal data safe and private
- Not to sell your personal data
- To give you ways to manage and review your marketing choices at any time
4. The data we collect about you
Personal data, or personal information, means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. It does not include data where the identity has been removed (anonymous data).
We may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of personal data about you, which we have grouped together below.
- Identity and contact data – name, username, address, email address and telephone numbers, and in respect of Customer and Supplier Representatives, company name, department, position
- Technical data – internet protocol (IP) address, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in-types and versions, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access our site
- Usage data - information about how you use our site and our services, including how you navigate our site and if you encounter any problems
- Profile data – your username and password, orders made by you (if you are a Customer or Customer Representative), your interests, preferences, feedback, survey responses and other communications with us
- Marketing and communications data – your preferences in receiving marketing communications from us
- Social media data – when you connect with us or like or follow our social media accounts we may have access to personal data provided via the social media platform, including your social media handle, photograph, date of birth, location, occupation, interests and other information and content you make publicly available via your social media accounts
- Transaction and financial data – if you are an individual Customer (or a Representative of a Customer), we may capture details about payments to and from you and details of orders you have placed with us, and your bank account and payment card details in connection with your order
- CCTV footage of visitors to Manchester Central
If you attend an event at Manchester Central, we may be provided by the organiser of the event with delegate lists. We may also be provided with information relating to a delegate’s health (being “special categories” of data), for example in relation to accessibility requirements, any accidents or injuries at an event, or dietary requirements (including for the purposes of compliance with food safety).
We do not collect any information about criminal convictions and offences.
5. How we collect personal data
The majority of the personal data we hold about you is collected when you correspond or interact with us directly (via social media or our site, by post, telephone, email or in person at our venue).
This includes personal data you provide when you:
- Make an enquiry;
- Register for an account on our site;
- Subscribe to receive marketing communications;
- Connect with us, follow us or “like” us on social media;
- Enter a competition, promotion or survey;
- Give us some feedback;
- Place an order with us (as a Customer or Customer Representative).
Automated technologies or interactions
When you interact with our site, our systems will automatically collect Technical data and Usage data (described above) about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns. We collect this personal data by using cookies server logs and other similar technologies. Please see our Cookies Policy (www.manchestercentral.co.uk/cookie-policy) and section 10 below for further details.
We may also receive personal data about you from various third parties set out below:
- Agencies who introduce potential customer leads to us;
- Research and business development provider (in respect of potential customer leads);
- Social media data (as described above) if you connect with us, follow us or “like” us on social media, from the operators of social media platforms, including Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter and Google+ who are based inside and outside of the EU;
- Identity and contact data and Transaction and financial data (as described above) from providers of technical, payment and delivery services;
- Technical data and Usage data from analytics providers, such as Google.
6. How and why we use personal data
We will only collect and process your personal information where we have a legal basis to do so. The legal basis will vary depending on the manner and purpose for which we are collecting your personal information. Most commonly, we will use your personal data in the following circumstances:
- Where it is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are a party or to take steps at your request before entering into such a contract;
- Where we have your consent to do so;
- Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests;
- Where it is necessary to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation that we are subject to;
- Where it is necessary as part of investigations by regulatory bodies, or in connection with legal claims or proceedings.
We have set out below the types of personal data we use, the purposes for which we use the data, and the legal bases we rely on when processing personal data, including where appropriate our legitimate interests.
Please be aware that we may process your personal data using more than one lawful basis, depending on the specific activity involved. Please contact us if you would like details about the specific legal ground we are relying on to process your personal data where more than one ground has been set out in the table below.
In respect of Customers and Suppliers, we may need to process certain personal information about the Customer’s or Supplier’s Representatives in order to perform the contract with the Customer or Supplier, such as contact details for the purpose of liaising with the Customer or Supplier in connection with the planning or organisation of an event at Manchester Central, and, to the extent that it constitutes personal data, payment details, in order to take payment for the event. Where the Customer contracts directly with a Supplier, we may process certain personal information about the Customer’s or Supplier’s Representatives for our legitimate business interests (including for the purposes of passing on such contact details to the Customer and/or Supplier).
We may also advertise job vacancies at Manchester Central on our website and receive applications from potential candidates through our website, or by email or post. Please see our Recruitment Privacy Notice for details as to how we process personal data as part of our recruitment process.
We may also process personal data to fulfil our legal, regulatory and risk management obligations, including for the purpose of establishing, exercising or defending legal claims.
We may send you marketing communications by email or post if:
- you are a Representative of one of our Customers or Suppliers and have engaged with us, and we consider we have legitimate interests in contacting you about our services, and you have not opted out of receiving marketing communications from us; or
- we consider we have legitimate interests in contacting you about our services or hosting events at Manchester Central; or
- you have consented to receive marketing communications from us.
You will always have control of your marketing preferences. If you do not wish to continue receiving marketing information from us at any time, you can ask us to stop sending you marketing communications at any time, by:
- clicking on the unsubscribe button in the footer of any marketing email from us;
- contacting us at email@example.com.
8. Change of purpose
We will only use your personal data for the purposes for which we collected it, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose. If we wish to use your personal data for an unrelated purpose, we will notify you and we will explain the legal basis which allows us to do so.
We may process your personal data without your knowledge or consent, in compliance with the above rules, where this is required or permitted by law.
9. If you fail to provide personal data
Where we need to collect personal data from you in order to comply with our legal obligations or to perform a contract we have with you and you fail to provide that data when requested, we may not be able to perform the relevant contract (for example, to provide you with services, including hosting your event). In this case, we may have to cancel the relevant contract.
11. Who we disclose personal data to
We may share your personal information with third parties where required by law, where it is necessary to administer the contract with a Customer or Supplier (where you are Representative of the Customer or Supplier), or where we have another legitimate interest in doing so.
We may share your personal data with third parties, including third party service providers which may include the following:
- We may provide contact details for a Customer or a Customer Representative to Suppliers in connection with an event being organised by the Customer at Manchester Central, including providers of temporary mains, water and waste facilities during events, rigging and stage design during events, security and stewarding during events, cleaning services, catering services;
- We may provide Supplier Representative contact details to a Customer in connection with an event being organised by the Customer at Manchester Central;
- Third party IT and software providers (including third party hosting providers and providers of IT support) and email service providers;
- A research and business development provider (in respect of potential customers);
- Payment service provider
These third parties are only permitted to process your personal data for specified purposes and, where they are processing personal data on our behalf, in accordance with our instructions.
We may also disclose personal data:
- with a regulator, or HMRC, or to otherwise comply with the law;
- to our lawyers, and other professional advisors and insurers.
We may also share your personal data with third parties, in the context of a possible sale of some or all of, or a restructuring of, the business.
12. Transfers of data outside the EEA
We use external third party providers whose services may involve the transfer of personal data to the USA. As this is outside the European Economic Area (EEA), we ensure that a similar degree of protection is afforded to personal data by ensuring that at least one of the following safeguards is implemented:
- We will only, and will ensure that our providers only, transfer your personal data to countries that have been deemed to provide an adequate level of protection for personal data by the European Commission, and where a provider is based in the US, we (or our providers) may transfer data to that provider if they are part of the Privacy Shield which requires them to provide similar protection to personal data shared between Europe and the US; or
- We (or our service providers) may use specific contracts approved by the European Commission which give personal data the same protection as it has in Europe.
13. Data security
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal information from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal information to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need-to-know. They will only process your personal information on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected data security breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected breach where we are legally required to do so.
14. Data retention
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for.
If you are a Customer (or Customer representative), or Supplier representative, we will retain your personal data for as long as you are hosting an event at Manchester Central. After the event has ended, we may keep your personal contact data for up to five years for one of the following reasons:
- To respond to any complaints we may receive about the event
- To plan any future events you may wish to hold at our venue
- To send you marketing communications by email or post
We keep Transaction and financial data for 7 years.
Information regarding accessibility or dietary requirements, which is provided to us in respect of a visitor to Manchester Central, will be deleted after 30 days following the event.
We keep CCTV footage for up to 30 days, unless we are required to hold this information for longer, for example if we are investigating an incident, or for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims, or have been asked to retain specific CCTV footage for a longer period by government or law enforcement officials.
We may also retain certain information in order to conduct audits, to comply with our legal obligations and to resolve disputes. However, we will not retain your personal data for longer than reasonably necessary.
15. Your rights in respect of your personal data
You have the following rights in respect of the personal data that we process about you (where we determine the purpose and means for which that personal data shall be processed):
- the right to request access to your personal data that we hold and to receive certain information relating to that data (commonly known as a “data subject access request”);
- you may have the right in accordance with applicable data protection law to have personal data we hold about you rectified or restricted;
- you may, in some circumstances, have the right to have personal data we hold about you deleted (although not that we may not always be able to comply with your request of erasure for specific legal reasons which will be notified to you, if applicable, at the time of your request);
- in some circumstances, you may have the right to receive or ask for your personal data to be transferred to a third party;
- you have the right to object to how we process your personal data in certain circumstances, including the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes;
- where we are processing personal data relating to you on the basis that we have your consent to do so, you may withdraw your consent at any time (this will not affect the lawfulness of any processing carried out before you withdraw your consent). If you withdraw your consent, we may not be able to provide certain products or services to you.
If you wish to exercise any of the rights set out above in respect of your personal data, please contact us by writing to us at the following address:
FAO: Data privacy manager, Manchester Central Convention Complex Ltd, Petersfield, M2 3GX
We may ask you to verify your identity if you make a request to us to exercise any of the rights set out above. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response. You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.
You have the right to make a complaint at any time to the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues (www.ico.org.uk). We would, however, appreciate the chance to deal with your concerns before you approach the ICO, so please do contact us in the first instance and we shall endeavour to resolve your complaint.
16. Your duty to inform us of changes
It is important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal data changes during your relationship with us.
17. Contact us