Manchester Central is pleased to announce the vacancy of a Production Chef. Reporting directly to the Head Chef, this role is working on a full time, permanent basis.
Your duties and responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Assisting in managing the day-to-day operation of the kitchen, coordinating food production schedules and ensuring the highest level of food quality, taste and presentation
- Leading actual food preparation
- Controlling food cost by maintaining regime on recipes, assisting in training kitchen staff on the proper methods of food preparation and handling, by training kitchen, front of house and back of house staff on how to handle leftover food items
- In conjunction with the Head Chef, establishing goals for the kitchen, anticipate and resolve problems concerning all facets of the kitchen, anticipate trends, enact approved profit-oriented and cost saving ideas/activities
- Working with the Head Chef, developing menus & creating and ensuring adherence to recipes and product specifications. Training kitchen staff on all new menus
- Completing daily food orders based upon scheduled events and projected levels of business
The ideal candidate will have:
- Previously worked in a similar role
- The ability to train and inspire
- Be able to lead but also be “hands on”
An intermediate food hygiene certificate would be beneficial to the role
To apply for this exciting opportunity, please complete this short form.