Reporting directly to the Procurement Assistant, this role is working on a full time, permanent basis.
Your duties and responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Supporting the development of consistent procurement processes and procedures
- Act as a key contact for the procurement function, authorising supplier requests in line with agreed procurement procedures and performing ad hoc checks to ensure compliance
- Review of requisitions to ensure they agree with contract terms before converting to purchase orders and issuing to suppliers
- Support the Procurement Officer and budget holders with supplier selection and ensure contract management responsibilities are in place to manage the supply delivery
The ideal candidate will have:
- Be self-motivated with the ability to work unsupervised
- Have the ability to build and develop good working relationships
- Be able to maintain confidentiality, to establish trust and credibility
- Adopt a positive approach and commitment to learning
- Have effective numeracy, literacy and word processing skills
- Hold the ability to deliver quality and accuracy with an eye for detail
- Be proficient with Microsoft Office suite
- Have good communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively with people at all levels
The right candidate will be given support to study the CIPS qualification.
To apply for this exciting opportunity, please complete this short form.