Careers at Manchester Central
People are our most valuable asset and the Manchester Central team are regularly recognised and rewarded for their good work. We aim to provide interesting and challenging roles within the following fields:
- Marketing and communications
- Business services
For more information on our current vacancies please click here.
The team are invited to attend quarterly briefings, the annual team conference, events like the 'Team Oscars' and the Christmas party. These are part of our 'One Team' ethos and give us chance to come together and celebrate our successes.
What can we offer you?
We actively promote a positive working environment for all Manchester Central employees. Our employee benefits include:
- Competitive salary
- Subsidised car parking
- Pension scheme with 10% employer contribution
- Time off in lieu scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- Free eye tests
- Company uniform (where applicable)
Learning and development
We take learning and development very seriously. Our Performance Development Review process gives Manchester Central employees a chance to discuss their development and request professional qualifications, training courses and job shadowing.
We also invest in our casual team and provide mandatory training in Health and Safety and other role-specific qualifications.
Our aim is for all the Manchester Central team to have the skills and knowledge they need to perform their roles to the best of their ability. This is all part of our five-star philosophy.
In consultation with the team, Manchester Central adopted six company values. These values are at the heart and soul of everything we do. They're 'how we do things around here' and part of recruitment and selection processes, employee probationary review meetings and Performance Development Reviews.
- We offer first class customer service
- We welcome everyone with a smile and are ready to assist
- We create spaces people enjoy spending time in
- We exceed expectations in our appearance and approach
- We conduct ourselves with pride and proficiency
- We set high standards and strive to surpass them
- We believe in our venue and its place within our city
- We are driven to excel for ourselves and our business
- We display limitless and infectious enthusiasm
- We go above and beyond for our clients and our colleagues
- We are true to our commitments
- We find solutions to problems
- We communicate openly and understand the importance of listening
- We empower you to make informed choices
- We acknowledge our mistakes and take responsibility for our actions
- We employ a diverse workforce and respect the contributions of all
- We work in partnerships and develop relationships built on trust
- We always speak positively and supportively about team members
Positive about disabled people – Our commitment
The disability symbol is made up of two ticks and the words 'positive about disabled people'. This symbol means that Manchester Central is positive about employing disabled people.
The symbol was awarded by Jobcentre Plus due to our commitment to employ, keep and develop the abilities of disabled staff.
Manchester Central values Equality and Diversity in the workplace. We are committed to employing the best people for the job based on merit alone, regardless of age, sex, disability, race, religion or sexual orientation.
In agreement with the symbol we have made five commitments to recruitment, training, retention, consultation and disability awareness.
These commitments are:
- to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for a job vacancy and to consider them on their abilities
- to discuss with disabled employees, at any time but at least once a year, what both parties can do to make sure disabled employees can develop and use their abilities
- to make every effort when employees become disabled to make sure they stay in employment
- to take action to ensure that all employees develop the appropriate level of disability awareness needed to make these commitments work
- to review these commitments each year and assess what has been achieved, plan ways to improve on them and let employees and Jobcentre Plus know about progress and future plans
If you require further information about our commitment to the Two Ticks symbol and what it means, please contact a member of the Human Resources team on +44 (0)161 834 2700