The biggest event for people affected by MS in Europe returns to Manchester in 2014, after a successful event held in April 2012.
MS Life offers people affected by MS the opportunity..
- to hear about the latest research into multiple sclerosis (MS)
- to find out about symptom management in MS
- to meet others affected by MS
- to share your experience of living with MS
- to find out about carer support services
- to try out new exercises in our Get Active Zone
- to learn more about diet and nutrition in the MS Life kitchen
- to take part in an interactive workshop
- to get expert advice and tips on living with MS
MS Life will be split into zones covering:
- Managing MS symptoms
- Get Active
- MS Life Kitchen
- Families, friends and carers
- Work, benefits and services
- Mobility – including a demonstration area
- Mood and cognition
Within each of the zones delegates can attend interactive workshops, take part in live support groups as well as access exhibitors providing products and services. There will also be a host of MS professionals and experts for you to ask questions and get further support and signposting.
Or come out and hang out in the MS hub, pick up publications or talk to staff and volunteers about the work we’re doing and how you can get involved. The MS Society fund research, give grants, campaign for change, provide information and support, invest in MS specialists and lend a listening ear to those who need it.
The MS Society are offering grants to enable people from across the UK to access the event, an application form can be downloaded from the MS Life website. A grant can help you with the cost of travel and accommodation.
Delegates will be able to hire a scooter for free at the event to help them get the most out of the day (booking details can be found on our event website).
There will be a free crèche and activities for kids across the event so they can get involved too.
The MS Spa will be open for delegates to come and take some time out to relax offering massages and pampering treatments.
A free park and ride service will operate throughout the weekend.